Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bento Obsession

After a ton of discussion on the WW message boards about bento box lunches, I've developed a small obsession with the portion controlling adorable boxes. I have a collection of 4 boxes with one more on the way from eBay. I have pictures of 3 of my 4 boxes, as well as the one that's coming.
This was my first box. It has 2 tiers and the cute matching chopsticks.



This was my first "package deal" that I purchased from eBay. I love the cutesiness of it!



This was a "fancy" box I got off eBay too, direct from Japan. It's a little small, so I usually supplement with a baggie of extra veggies or crackers.

This it my summer bento that's on its way from Japan. The top tier is divided, and the bottom one should be big enough for a small salad!

I have one other one-tier box that has removable dividers, but it's in the car and I don't have a picture! It seals really tight though, which will be great for camp.

3 comments:

Willow said...

Oooooohhhh I love your summer bento!!

So cute!!

Where did you get it? tell me tell me tell me !!!

Not that I need more boxes...

I love your blog Mara! Too cool!!!

Will~

Rita said...

love it!! Mine is ruminatingrita

very cool.

Smartia said...

Hiya. Hm. Now I'm interested in Bento boxes, too! Can you post some photos of the insides of the boxes, perhaps with some token edible morsels inside so we can really get a sense of size?

Thanks!