Sunday, May 18, 2008

"Miss O, why are you emo?"

This is what a student asked me on Friday. I had a bunch of financial stress Thursday and Friday, and it finally just got to me, and I was in a bad mood. BUT the difference between this time and another time is that I didn't throw myself into the boxes of donuts in the lounge, or the trays of cookies in the cafeteria. No. I waited until I got home and made sweet potato fries. have you ever made sweet potato fries?
First you have to peel the sweet potato.

Then you have to cut the sweet potato in half.

Then you have to cut the half into slices.

Then you have to cut the slices into strips.
Then you sprinkle them with oil and ginger and bake them.

Oh yeah, and a raw sweet potato is just about as easy to cut as it is to cut wood with a butter knife.


By the time the sweet potato fries were DONE, I was calmer, and didn't eat BOATLOADS of them. Must remember this the next time I'm stressed.


Oh yeah, and I had a loss on Saturday... another .6 lbs! Go me!

1 comment:

Ryan, Meghan, and Patrick said...

Mara, I know I don't say this as often as I should, but you are such an inspiration. I know sometimes the "gain" weeks get you down, but try not to let them. You're learning and changing your life - and looking beautiful doing it. Keep up the great work, dear friend.
Love,
Meghan