Monday, May 26, 2008

Insight and a Bento

As I was cooking dinner tonight, I found myself getting oddly nostalgic. There's really nothing all that nostalgic about broccoli in some pasta and turkey smoked sausage... except for me, there is. This is a dinner I grew up eating, turkey sausage and all. I can remember LOVING it, and then my mom telling me it was good for me, and suddenly wanted nothing to do with it. Now, on Weight Watchers, I'm finding myself making so many of my mom's old healthy recipes! Guess she really did know what she was talking about!

And now, my very first bento picture, complete with food (as requested).

The lid is on the left. Bottom tier (top) contains whole wheat egg noodles with broccoli and parmesan, and 3 oz. of turkey smoked sausage (5), and the top tier contains mini sweet peppers filled with Alouette light garlic and herb cheese (1), and cherry tomatoes. This will be my lunch tomorrow, 5/27.

3 comments:

Ryan, Meghan, and Patrick said...

What is it about that Bento box that makes your lunch look even more delicious? (I've had your cookin', so I know it's really good, but the cuteness factor of the box is making it even more appealing.) You may have convinced me to buy one after all...

Anonymous said...

Looks super yummy Mara! Will you come and make my lunch this week?

:-)

Hope you're enjoying the book.

Laurie

Laura said...

Hey Mara it's Laura from ww core board. Your bento is way to cute! And so are you.
Thanks for the great ideas.
Laura